Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Another Day at The Artistree

After a 15 minute bike ride, on a bike that's a lime green with poke-a-dots, i arrived at the Artistree for another day at work.. but can you call it work when you enjoy every bit of it... My mom owns a store where i get to create art, talk with nice people, and walk to Emerald City for the best scones in Reno Nevada, and i get paid to come here. This is a small blog to say what the Artistree means to me.. as a daughter, as an employ, and as a teenage girl. My mother, Nancy Nelson, has always surrounded my life with art, so when she told me she was going to open up a store where anyone could come in to make art i wasn't surprised. You see this is what was in the bottom of our house for about three years. My mom had created a studio in our house, and her friends as well as mine would go in there to create anything and everything, so when she told me she was going to create a store with the same kind of concept i felt that i was opening up a part of my life to the world to enjoy as well. So this is why i love this store. For the reason that its such a wonderful concept and idea that i cant help but be happy to go to work. Enjoy the art that i love, enjoy the Artistree.

No comments: